Teacher Notes

Hello fellow teachers!

I decided to create a webquest to help students learn about scientific inquiry in a meaningful way. This webquest is designed for older elementary students and explores the nature of inquiry along with the magic of seed growth.

You may extend the project to last a week, two weeks, or whatever you want. I would give the students at least a week to make observations.



I try to give my students options, so the project is a bit open-ended. The project may be a little too open-ended for some students so just make sure you are keeping track of student progress. You may even want them to write you a proposal for their experiment.

To grade this project I would simply check their journal entries to make sure that they have included all of the elements of the scientific method and that it makes sense.

I hope you enjoy exploring the wonders of nature with your students!

Sincerely,
Jessica Kellar









































































X